Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mud N Gutz

What do cross country runners do in the winter? This morning 4 pirate runners were spotted racing through the hills and mud of Jefferson Barracks park in the Mud N Gutz 8k cross country race. I think they even enjoyed the goose-bumply temps in the high 30s and the nearly constant rhythm of icy cold rain while they sloshed through spongy fields and mud puddles.

I'd highly recommend putting this race on your calendar next year. Everyone I saw seemed to be having a great time in weather that most people would describe as unfit for outdoor enjoyment. Heck, one runner (not one ours) even successfully proposed to his favorite runner girl as they finished the race. Now that's some running love.
Nice job Pirate runners. Way to "seize the day"!






2 comments:

  1. That is SO cool! I am totally jealous. I'm glad the park dept. didn't freak out with the weather and cancel! Hope they let Big River come back next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope for fairer weather next Saturday at the Castlewood 15k! :)

    ReplyDelete